Monday, February 4, 2008

Will We Really Know When "It's about time..."?

I hate Monday... don't we all? The morning rush, the crazy drive to work and it happens to me every Monday - every Monday! F*** Interstate 76! To make it worst, my New England PATRIOTS lost over New York Giants in the Superbowl yesterday!!!


On a lighter note and on my way to work today, I was listening to one of my favorite Jazz singer ever, Jamie Cullum. He is awesome! He is great! He is very very talented! You guys should listen to his music! There's this track in his Twenty Something Album entitled: It's about Time. It talks about being ready to make someone yours. But my question is: Will we really know when "It's about time" to make someone ours???

I don’t know if I have ever been in love, which is probably a good indication that I haven’t (no offense to my Exes, again, it's plural you see that hahahaha). According to all the advice columns in the newspaper and from friends, when you are in love, you know it. I am always coming across these testimonies of love, of people proclaiming the beauty, and purity, and unconditional nature of their love. However, I often wonder if these ideal proclamations aren’t elaborated, as they often appear to me as highly convoluted. It mystifies me that one can be so certain of their love in a relationship despite how incredibly easy it is to fall out of love.

A very good friend in UK, Sabrina, once wrote me a comment about my being cynical on knowing when it is indeed love or when it's about time to make someone mine exactly this and I quote her: "Much of the truth about love is purely feeling. And as complex as a feeling is, the harder it is to put down into words. Truly, love is one of the most unstable realities one will encounter in his/her lifetime---if he/she ever does. But like a scale, it will chose to go one side in the end. may it be to falling out or to becoming a permanent, unconditional, undying, unwaning fixture in one's life. To which side it will fall through, no one can ever predict. But, wouldn't you risk even just a part of your lifetime finding out?I know my life would be filled with regret had i not." Maybe she's right about taking the risk and finding out.

I wish that I had more faith, but I have trouble believing in this idealistic unconditional love and knowing when IT"S ABOUT TIME. I know that a single stolen kiss can change a relationship. In that single moment, the honesty and the integrity are broken. How can someone then possess such perpetual conviction in such an unstable thing as love? I know that human nature is fallible, and that is why I have such little faith. However, I honestly believe that once I do fall in love, I will be able to understand the true dynamics of unconditional love, which are able to hold together relationships in our imperfect world. Until, I intend on keeping my cynical views towards love, and revel in my ignorance. As Oscar Wilde said, "The well-bred contradict other people. The wise contradict themselves."

So tell me guys and perhaps ask yourself the same thing, Will We Really Know When "It's about time....?"

Hugs,
Morrise


3 comments, CLICK TO POST COMMENT:

Anonymous said...

If your first name Morrise or is that your last name? My last name is Morrise and it's pronounced the same as your name.

xx said...

it's my first name...

that's interesting...

welcome to my blog...

Anonymous said...

I actually read this entry yesterday but it took me until today to think about it...

A dozen times, i thought i am/was in love but when the real thing hit me, the feeling is beyond compare. When 'its time', you'll just know. You know coz you feel right no matter what odds there may be or even if the situation is complicated. And, you'll find yourself able to accept that person, good, bad and all without even trying so hard. I hate to say this but its like magic!