Friday, February 22, 2008

My Love Affair with Beauty Pageants...

"Mabuhay! My name is Deena Lee Go, 24 years of age, From the land of isaw (pig intestines) and balut (underdeveloped chicken egg) the Filipins!

I am a huge fan of Beauty pageants! And I mean huge! Like humongous! Not only I am a fan but I have developed this love affair with beauty pageants since birth hahahaha. Let me explain why I said LOVE AFFAIR. Di ba mga day, pag in love to the max kayo you do almost everything kahit na stupid??? Ganun di ako with pageants. Anjan na yung umabsent sa classes at sa work, injanin ang mga friends, hindi siputin ang job interview, fight with your brother or sister para hawak nyo ang remote ng tv during the pageant telecast, dumayo sa kabilang baranggay para mapanoond sa cable ang live telecast hindi yung delayed telecast sa local channel 9 at I'm sure kung ano ano pa ang pwede kong ilista dito! So in short - In LOVE talaga ako!

Today, I decided to write down some reasons why I am IN LOVE with Beauty Pageants.

1. Appreciation of Beauty
Mga day, small kid palang ako may good sight na ako ng beautiful at ng chaka doll! Ako ang numero uno critique ng mother nature ko when it comes to make up and dresses! It translated sa fascination ko with girls parading in their swimsuits and evening gowns. Don't get me wrong, I'm not switching teams here! I just like seeing beautiful girls do that - simple lang! It's human nature mga kabaro, hindi ba? We love beautiful things - clothes, shoes, make-up, perfume, jewelry, etc. Beauty goes beyond the limits of if not everything almost everything from gender, sexual orientation, race, color, etc.

2. Patriotism
Oh my dear! I may be living my life in the US right now but damn I love my country! That is the Philippines. We have so many things we can be proud of. A stand out is our NATURAL BEAUTY! Most specially that of our WOMEN! Triumphs in Beauty Pageants offer pride, celebration and unity in NATIONAL LEVEL. Then you start telling the whole world: "Maganda Kame! Kayo Hindi! Yun lang!"

3. Dream (could be a nightmare! hahaha)
Hay naku day, sino bang hindi nag dream ever na makasali sa beauty pageant be it - Ms. Barrangay, Ms. Kanto, Ms. Talipapa??? Lalo na siguro pag Ms Universe, Miss World, Miss International and many other major pageants! Aminin nyo, dumating yung time na solo nyo ang room nyo or yung bahay nyo at mega rampa kayo sa sala pretending to be a contestant sa beauty pageant with matching the beauty queen hand wave and plastic crown!!! Aminin nyo! hahahaha. Oh well, some of us find a bit of satisfaction seeing other people live our dreams. Aba! Wala naman masamang mangarap! Wag lang bangungot, di bah?

4. Sense of Wonder
How does it feel to be a beauty queen? What are the perks of being one? What's their beauty secret? What do they eat? At lahat na ng WHAT-WHEN-WHERE-HOW Questions. Right?

5. We are in it for the experience
"Pasok sigurado ang Filipins sa Top 10!", "Miss Photogenic sureness tayo this year!", "Ayan na tatawagin na si Ms Filipins!" "Ay, di pasok ang Filipins? Madaya! Luto ang laban!" And other comments and things we say as we watch the pageant. We share the experience, the emotions and the hopes of everyone. It's an experience - a good one for that matter!

And this is my LOVE AFFAIR with Beauty Pageants.

Hugs,

Morrise

3 comments, CLICK TO POST COMMENT:

Anonymous said...

I couldnt imagine myself watching Ms.Universe with you pare,I might get deaf after! For sure you'll holler like crazy especially if it's Ms.Phils they're calling! Btw,when's the next Ms.U ba?

Anonymous said...

OMG! Im not sure if you were able to watch the recently concluded Bb.Pilipinas. M, im sure you'll either drop dead or will want to strangle someone to death!!

Anonymous said...

Then you should watch the latest Bb. Pilipinas. Fuckin riot.