Saturday, February 2, 2008

ITALIAN 101: Angel Hair Pasta with Tuna - the BEST!


Happy Saturday Guys!

I went to my friend's house last night for dinner before we went out clubbing. He is 100% full-blooded Italian! Yummm... You know what they say about Italians right? (*wink*) - that they really make good pasta dishes! Hmmm you're probably thinking of some other things about them, aren't you little perverts...hahahaha

Anyway, Filipinos are so used (or at least I am) to cooking pasta for like big number of people (7-10 minimum). We cook spaghetti when we have parties etc. as an example. What I found out last night was very interesting and I want to share it with you guys!

I found out from my Italian friend that to make a really good pasta, we should cook the pasta dish as individual serving or maximum would be for 2 people and NOT as a BULK COOKING that can serve the whole barangGAY (village)!

And on that note, I want to share a simple yet very mouth-watering pasta dish that you can make for yourself and your sex partner, ooooppppssss you call it bf or gf nowadays right? hahahaha

ANGEL HAIR PASTA WITH TUNA - for 2 people by Chef Morrise

Ingredients:

1 bulb of fresh garlic chopped very finely
1 medium full cup of OLIVE OIL (don't use any other oil like coconut, vegetable, baby oil or your own oil!!!)
1 & 1/2 can of tuna IN OIL (read: IN OIL not in water, not mechado flavor etc!!!)
Salt and Pepper - no MSG please...hahahaha
Angel Hair Pasta - (about close to 1/2 lb for 2 people)

How to Cook:

1. Cook your pasta in a boiling water. DO NOT put oil, just water and a lil sift of salt. Make sure the PASTA is Al Dente - meaning not over done! Put it aside while doing the next steps below (not above hahahaha)
2. Heat up your pan in medium flame and put your olive oil.
3. Saute your garlic until it becomes brownish in color! Brownish not brownie, ok? Don't over saute!
4. Put your tuna (throw away the oil in the tuna can) and saute it with the garlic.
5. Saute it for 5 minutes
6. Season with salt and pepper - don't put too much salt (take care of your kidneys, you can sell 'em when you want some good $$$$ hahaha)
7. Put the ANGEL (not the devil's) HAIR PASTA and fry it with your tuna.
8. Mix continuously using two forks.
9. Get a plate and put some parsley on top if you want. perhaps some garlic bread???
10. Serve with a glass of Cabernet or Merlot
11. Eat, Enjoy and relax
11. And Lastly, don't forget to tell your BF or GF that I was the one who taught you how to cook the best PASTA he ever tasted in his/her life and that you both owe me a bottle of wine!

Let me know how it turns out guys!


Ciao!

Hugs,

Morrise




2 comments, CLICK TO POST COMMENT:

Anonymous said...

> Let me know how it turns out guys!

Well it turns out just great! I actually had the chance to get this from THE Chef Morrise himself... Oh by wait a minute: was it even on Tuesday? Your day? OMG, it's such an honor!
Lots of hugs (but no PDA of course. You see, I'm also following the blog pretty closely!)

xx said...

P,

I'm blushing...hahahaha

My readers would now ask why you got the chance to taste my pasta...LOL

I'm gglad you liked it!

M