Wednesday, February 6, 2008

On Losing...

Hello guys!

Pardon my "not so happy" entry today. For people who know me really well, this is kinda strange. They always see a smile in my face even if the "goin gets tough". I am a happy person! But what can I say and you may think it sounds like a cliche, but here you go and I'm saying it... I'm only human..

Losing can be interpreted in so many ways. Death, break-up, separation, divorce, fight, betrayal, etc. But whatever it is, it leaves you aching and in pain. It breaks your spirit. It tears your heart apart. It makes you weep. It stops your life for a moment. It covers the good things with bad. It makes things seem ugly instead of beautiful. It makes you evil instead of kind. It numbs you of joyful things. List goes on and on...

I am a "clingy" person. I hold on to my family, loved ones and friends for as long as I possibly can. I share my dreams, my goals, my happiness and my sorrows with them. I love, breath, celebrate, care and laugh with them. I treasure, value, respect and cherish them. However, losing someone is inevitable. And as my mom would always say: "People come and go honey" She is right and she'd always be right on that sense...

A very good friend and confidante named Catherine wrote me a letter and she said: "I know some good things never last but it's a pity it has to end so soon..."
I knew I broke her heart when I had to go but she understood...

How I wish I could be like her right now and understand what happened...

Have a great wednesday folks...

Hugs,
Morrise

1 comments, CLICK TO POST COMMENT:

Anonymous said...

Hi morrise,

Its a good timing you talked about "losing" today as it applies to two of my girlfriends. One is going through a divorce and the other broke up with her boyfriend. Right now, I realy feel "its" atmosphere.

At some point, we all experience losing. And its a tough time that we go through. I just want to say that, through these times, friends or family play a big part in making our heavy load lighter. Even by just listening, or just being there makes a big difference.

Bakla? D b? when you're down, you just call shunga.. you wont even say a word(kasi d ka na makahinga sa kakaiyak)...you just know she's there. Her shoulders are always there for you to cry on.

As the song goes in "Grey's Anatomy":

Tragedy
Brandi Carlile

Sorry I'm only
Human you know me
Grown up oh no guess again

My days always
Dry up and blow away
Sometimes I could do that too
But make no mistake that

When you need a friend
You could count on anyone
But you know I'll defend
The tragedy that we knew as
The end

Progress, changing
Growing then giving up
Somehow we're never quite prepared
But I understand it

When you need a friend
You could count on anyone
But you know I'll defend
The tragedy that we knew as
The end

So taking you with me would be like
Taking all your money to the grave
It does no good to anyone especially
The one you're trying to save
But it's so hard not to save

When you need a friend
You could count on anyone
But you know I'll defend
The tragedy that we knew as
The end