Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pinoy vs Kano (Filipinos vs Americans)


Before we proceed girls and boys, I have an exercise for you! Acting 101: Try to look at yourself in the mirror and say this line in different ways like: seductive, angry, cutesy, serious, laughing, sad, crying, etc… Ready??? Here’s your acting 101 line for the day: “You are the most gorgeous creature on earth!” I bet some of you are already doing it now… hahahahahaha

I was listening to The Booker Show on Philly’s Q102.1 this morning on my way to work. They were talking about Americans vs Brits. They were talking about how “better” the Brits are in some matters like manners than Americans. I know they were being honest but I won’t do that kind of “let-down” talk to my fellow Pinoys!!! I won’t let you down by talking about how bad we are in comprehending the difference between NO LOITERING and NO LITTERING, on how we constantly violate traffic rules, on how “amazing” we are when it comes to PUNCTUALITY or the so called: FILIPINO TIME so on and so forth… hahahaha. Oh well, this time it’s not going to be about the Brits. It’s about no other than (dan da da dan… that’s a drum roll btw) the PINOY vs KANO (Filipino vs American for my international readers).

Brace yourself guys, here you go!

1. Pinoys are better communicators than Americans!

And I swear to Papa God this is so true! I am a beauty pageant fanatic and I love the Q&A portion of the contest. Why is this even relevant to my first point? I will tell you - patience is a virtue guys! I'm pretty sure some of you have seen the youtube clip if not the live telecast of Ms. Teen South Carolina during the 2007 Miss Teen USA competition. If not, you are not from this world. hahaha. Ok, for the benefit of "straight/heterosexual" readers that don't watch beauty contests, here's the link to Ms. South Carolina's YouTube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg. Did you guys click and relive the horrific moment? Que Horror! If you ask the same question to a Filipino pageant contestant in "Ms. Baranggay" beauty contest., he/she/it may not be able to give you a well constructed, grammatically correct and flawless answer BUT BUT BUT he/she/it would be able to relay the answer in a more understandable and more practical way. I was thinking he/she/it would say: Can you repeat the question? Then smiles then asks the judge to repeat the question again and FINALLY an answer! Like what I said, a better answer to the question. hahahahaha

2. Pinoys have this uncanny ability to learn foreign languages faster than anyone in the world - much more than an American.

I was in Frankfurt Germany airport August of last year on my way back to the US. I went to duty free to buy some tsokolate(chocolate) for of course, myself. I went in line to pay the goodies and behind the cashier's counter was a hunky, tall, dark and still dark and tall guy speaking German to the guy in front of me. And guess what!?!?!? Pinoy ang lolo mo! (He is a Filipino!) And as expected, being the stingy person that I am, I asked him if he can give me a discount and he politely said: Gaga! Hindi to Pilipinas! (You fool! This is not the Philippines) After he said that, my instinct was affirmed. Judingels ang lolo mo! (He is gay!) hahahahaha. The bottom line is, we learn languages fast. Cultural Immersion is something we can cope up with easily making it easy for us to learn a foreign language.

3. Pinoys dress up better than Americans.

The reason why the US is so popular in terms of Designer clothes is simply because they NEED it more than we do for heaven sake. Jeeezzz, walk in the streets of LA, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Quiapo (sorry Quiapo is in the Philippines, my bad) and you'll see those Kano with like baggy sweat pants, over sized tops, etc. We definitely dress better than they do. PERIOD.

I could go on forever and tell you guys what other things PINOYS can do better than KANO but I'll stop here for the moment and let you do your acting 101 excercise. OK?

Lemme know your thoughts about this too, feel free to voice out your comments on this topic most specially if you are PINOY!

Hugs,

Morrise

9 comments, CLICK TO POST COMMENT:

Anonymous said...

hello morris!!! ^_^

xx said...

hello! mabuhay! hola, chuva eklavu! sheng!

Anonymous said...

So what other things do you claim Pinoys can do better? Being neither Pinoy nor Kano, I guess I could have the most unbiaised assessement on all that... We'll see! ;-)
See ya soon. Hugs

xx said...

P,

There are lots, we are better in bed! LOL

Hugs,

M

WELLA said...

hey! thanks for taking time to visit my blog. natawa naman ako don sa pinoy slash german. I also made some inputs about kano and pinoy. you can read it here http://wellapot.blogspot.com/2007/07/pinoy-vs-kano.html by the way, care to ex-link?

Anonymous said...

i've heard from my hunk american friend that he married his filipina wife for these reasons:
1. she's pretty (nyeta exotic na exotic ang itsura)
2. submissive (i need violent reactions..uso pa ba ito?)
3. ang motto "cleanliness is next to godliness"
4. she's smart (totoo ito..hehehe)
5. very good cook..(he loves adobo and tinolang manok)
6. she looks innocent in bed! nyahahahaha

he told me that if his wife leaves him, he'll marry another filipina.
hahahahahaha!

xx said...

pam - a.k.a the filipina prinsisita in DUBAI! hehehehe

Korekus, pag iniwan sya ng asawa nya, sabihin mo ate pam. andito lang ako!

Anonymous said...

i got no objections with what you wrote about us (whether "he/she/it" hehe ;p)

i'm proud to be a pinay (na tisay! yesss!! may ganon na factor!? ;p)

ps. i really did the-face-the-mirror-feel-gorgeous-instructions you posted... haha, that's how much i trust what you tell me in your blogs. ;p

xx said...

vanna,

i bet that whatever expression you used to deliver my acting 101 line - you looked terrific!

muahugs!