Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Games Couple Play" - my TWM HOT Topic

Hello folks! It's Tuesday and it's indeed Tuesdays with Morrise!!!!

I have been thinking about this topic for quite a long time now and I never really spent a good amount of time contemplating about this until I saw George W. Bush in his State of the Union Address last night... just kidding (he is full of rubbish btw!)... until I revisited my Sex and the City DVDs.

Here's the ONE MILLION DOLLAR question guys and I want you to be honest and sincere about this, ok?

Do YOU have to play games and lies to make a relationship work?

Guilty??? Listen, I think everyone is...
I called a friend of mine last night and ask him if he ever tells his girlfriend lies to make their relationship work. Without batting an eye he said: HELL YEAH!!! I hanged up on him and told him I have to make another call.

I called another friend, Niki, and asked her the same question. Do you tell your boyfriend lies to make your relationship work? She replied: Of course!

While driving home, I asked myself the same question: Did I ever tell my "Exes" (plural, you see that???? hahahaha) lies to make the relationship work? My answer: NO.... No shit, I did!!! hahahaha...

So therefore, for that reason or cause, consequently, hence and whatever adverb you can think of, "Practically all the realtionships I know are based on a foundation of lies and mutually accepted delusion."

It makes me think, are lies and games naturally part of any relationship? Can a relationship withstand the tests of harsh truth? Is there a relationship that is solely based on honesty, good faith and sincerity?
What if the time comes and your bf or gf asks you this: Did you ever tell me lies and played games to make our relationship work? What's the best answer to this scary question? I think it is pretty scary and everyone should be prepared when this ungodly time comes... Don't you think?

I'm pretty sure that I have more questions than answers on this topic.

Do me a favor friends, folks and readers, think about the question and give me your thoughts about it.

You probably have heard the same questions on certain occasions but never really paid enough attention to it. This time, you should!

I'm waiting... in vain... hahahaha
Hugs,

Morrise

2 comments, CLICK TO POST COMMENT:

Anonymous said...

Guilty! But only with my past relationships. Told what he wanted to hear, said "i love you" even when i no longer meant it, etc. And, i completely agree with you, the reason is delusion - that you are with the 'ideal man/woman' and yours is the perfect relationship.

Now that im more mature (or so i think), i realized that we dont have to lie nor play games to make a relationship healthy, we just need to be mutually honest, communicate, compromise, and be genuine with our affection.

And so, if in case my current beau ask me "Did you ever tell me lies and played games to make our relationship work?" - my truthful answer will be "Never... except when i told you that im totally ecstatic about your mother".

xx said...

lara croft!

love love love your comment! specially about how ecstatic you are with your beau's mom... hahahaha!!!!

Can't wait to see yah!

MUAHUGS
Morrise